Greetings to all my Gods & Goddesses!
If you follow me on Instagram then you probably have seen photos of me traveling for the past 2 weeks! There was some highlights and some things not worth mentioning or things that I don’t want to re-live, like sitting on a plane for 5 hrs with a smelly baby in front of me the whole time :-/ Or, the spider that decided to crawl up next to me the first night in LA as I’m just beginning to doze off good. Just rude.
Anyway, during my travels I didn’t have a chance to update you guys like I planned to. And to be honest, it’s really not much to update ya’ll on because well…I wasn’t really doing too great on this weight loss journey thing.
I didn’t have a scale to weight myself, nor did I want one. I take that back…I did have a scale in the spa I went to one day while in Vegas. Let’s just say I was disappointed to see the number when I stood on it. Here I am thinking I worked out in the gym yesterday, then I sweated off a couple pounds in the sauna and steam room…I just knooooooow I lost a couple pounds. Nope! Ha!
So, I’m not sure if I should give ya’ll a recap of all the things I ate for the past 2 weeks or not. Just know that everything was plant-based of course, but not the healthiest. I’ll just give you a brief recap of my week in Vegas and then my week in LA.
Week 2 in las vegas
- Light walk at Red Rock Canyon
- 1hr workout at the gym that included treadmill, elliptical, various weight machines and leg lifts
- Walking around the Spring Preserves for an hour in the sweltering heat
- Sweating at the sauna and steam room for a few hours
- Walking around downtown LV sightseeing and buying food
- Beignets, Donut, Brownie, Milk Shake, Cookie (I didn’t eat all of these by myself though)
- Fried tofu & fried seitan, fried rice and fried mushrooms
- Mac n Cheeze, cornbread, fried potato wedges
- Lots of water
- The only thing healthy that I ate were the mangos, vegetables on the side of meal or in the fried rice.
So this is what I mean by eating plant-based doesn’t mean you are eating healthy. Sweets and fried foods are horrible for your body, vegan or not. And this is why I’m on a weight loss journey, to train myself to make better decisions about what I eat.
Week 3 in california
- A 15-minute power walk in Beverly Hills because I didn’t want to be late for an appointment.
- 2 pieces of cake
- breakfast burrito and pan-fried potatoes
- Burger and fries
- Fried rice with tofu
- Water and hemp milk for drinks
- Beans and rice with tofu
Once again not making the best choices, but I’m not going to beat myself up about it. Because guess what? There is always to tomorrow, next week and next month to make better choices.
Current weight: I gained 3lbs back based on my scale at home
My plan for the coming weeks is to become consistent, and get back into controlling my portions and cutting out fried foods all together. My doctor in California told me to start drinking up to a gallon of water a day (I definitely don’t drink enough water), eat oatmeal in the morning, salads for lunch, berries for dinner and snack on nuts throughout the day; and watch the pounds fall off. And of course, maintain an active lifestyle of at least 30 minutes-1 hour of activity a day. Remember to take a day of rest so that the muscles can heal and the body can rebuild.
I hope this helps someone out there who is on their weight loss journey too, or thinking about starting their journey.
Peace & Balance Always!
*Stay locked in for updates on my journey by subscribing if you haven’t already. Share this page if you think it just might inspire someone! Thank You!
Go to my Instagram page to see photos of some of my meals and activities that I mentioned here in this post.