Top 5 Ways to Stress-Less
With so much going on in our personal lives, in the U.S. & around the globe, you can easily become overwhelmed and stressed out. For me personally, I have seen more than enough police brutality, killing, injustice, ignorance & hate to last a lifetime. I mean I am worn out as black woman in America. If we aren’t God, we damn sure have been carrying the weight of the world on our shoulders since the beginning of time like God.
“And if we are made in his image then call us by our names, most intellects do not believe in God but they fear us just the same.” -Badu
And since we are Goddesses, it is highly beneficial for you to know how to heal yourself & love yourself. So real quick, I want to give you some gems to help you deal with and cope with the stressors of life. These things always help and work for me, and I hope they will work for you too.
- Verbalize: This means talking it out to someone who you consider to be wise counsel & that you trust. This can be a friend, sibling, spouse, parent, elder, or professional. It helps to verbalize how you are feeling and what you are feeling to someone because we are connected and we thrive on being in contact with other huemans. Their positive energy will balance out the negative energy of stress that you feel. And be sure to thank them for their time, energy and space they made available to you. It doesn’t hurt to give them a gift of appreciation as well.
- Write: Any one who knows me, knows I’m a huge advocate for writing things down. Get you a journal, notebook, piece of paper, whatever; something to write what you are feeling down. The whole point is to get it (stress) out of you.
- Get Out/Go In: So getting out is pretty obvious. Get out into Mother Earth. Allow her healing vibrations to balance out the negative energy, because you know it’s not about removing negative or opposite energy. It’s always about balance in EVERYTHING. Go walking on a nature trail. If you live close by a body of water go there. Take off your shoes and walk in the grass or the dirt or sand. Being sure to breathe deeply in through your nose & out through your mouth gently. If you are into yoga do that outdoors barefoot. It’ll change your life! (I have a few yoga videos on my youtube channel if you would like a great flow for beginners).
- Meditate/Pray: This ones self-explanatory. I also wrote about how to meditate a while back. Look through the archives or type it into the search bar to find it.
- Affirming Thoughts: This just means think well & be well. Positive, self-affirming thoughts have a major impact on our life because what we think becomes our reality. We have to remind ourselves how strong we are, how deserving of all things good we are, and how powerful beyond measure we are.
Some events in our life will require that we do all 5 of these at the same damn time, more than once! I’ve had to over the past month and a half. The stress of working in healthcare, being a mama and wife, building a brand, traveling, trying to lose weight in my midsection, etc. You can see why knowing how to heal myself & de-stress is crucial. So I hope this helps someone & if it does I wanna hear about it in the comments below!
let us know some ways you de-stress in the comment section below, it might just help someone.
Peace & Balance Always Loves!
Brown Vegan Goddess
Click here for information on private yoga sessions!
It’s official! I’m a Certified Kemetic Yoga Instructor as of July 23,2015!
It was an experience to say the least. I was so proud of myself for stepping out of my “norm”, traveling alone & meeting so many people. I’ve always been a woman who knows what she wants and goes after it & this was exactly that. From the moment I saw a Youtube video of a group of people in Florida on the beach doing Kemetic Yoga, I was hooked! I felt drawn to it. Connected. Home. So I instantly started looking for places in Atlanta & came across Firehawk Yoga Studio. They were a week into certification & I didn’t want to start late, so I waited. I said now “I can wait until 2016 until they have Atlanta certifications again or go to Jamaica for 10 days and get certified there”. So after talking to the King about it, it essentially was up to me.
I guess you can see what I decided to do…Create My Life!
And that’s how I choose to live my life & will continue to do so until I return to Nu & Neteru. And that’s what I encourage my people to do too. Create Your Life! You are the Youniverse! Do No Harm & Do What You Will, The Ancestors Are With YOU! Trust Your Divine Wisdom & Proceed To Rock The Mic! LOL. Bless Up People, One Love.